12411 Templeton Trail, Farmers Branch, TX 75234
Project Transformation North Texas is committed to supporting children in their love of reading and academic growth. This After-School Year we will have volunteers read in-person with children one-on-one, working to help maintain or improve their reading level and love of literacy throughout the school year.
In-person Reading Bookworm Buddies will take place at Chapel Hill UMC. Reading Bookworm Buddies offer genuine relationships, encouragement, and reading help for children during the After-School Program Year. In order to volunteer in person with Project Transformation North Texas, you must go through Ministry Safe Training and undergo a background check. If you are a member of a United Methodist Church, please work with your church to complete your Ministry Safe training and background check.
We kindly ask that you sign up for at least TWO-FOUR in-person reading buddy dates. This will help us to reduce the number of people that step foot on our sites this After-School Year. Thank you for helping us mitigate the risk of COVID-19 transmission by signing up for at least two-four dates.
• Register on Give Pulse
• Arrive 15 minutes before appointed volunteer time
• Recognize and affirms children’s strengths, contributions, and achievements
• Support students in reading and other literacy-based activities
• Must be 16 years or older, Ages 13-15 may volunteer with a parent/guardian/youth leader present
• Cleared criminal background check run in the last year (for ages 18+)
• Completed Ministry Safe Training in the past two years (for ages 18+)
• Must have all doses of the COVID-19 vaccine at least 2 weeks before your first volunteer date
• Encouraging spirit
• Love of learning
To help children maintain or improve their reading level throughout the school year
Times and Dates are subject to change in the case of an emergency. We are hopeful that all set times and dates will not change as we go through this After-School Year.
Have questions? Contact Marcos Gonzales, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Have you been exposed to someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19? See the CDC’s risk assessment guidance.
- Do you have symptoms consistent with COVID-19? Symptoms can include a cough or shortness of breath or at least two of the following: Fever, Chills, Repeated shaking with chills, Muscle pain, Headache, Sore throat, New loss of taste or smell. See the CDC’s symptom information.